“A Methodist Society was founded in Good Ground in 1836. In 1840 the first Methodist meetinghouse was erected in the village. Eventually this building became inadequate, so it was torn down and in 1863, a new church was built .
The builder was Sylvanus R. Jackson, and the land for the church and cemetery was given by Sylvanus R. Jackson, Lorenzo D. Bellows and Captain Wesley H. Squires. The church and Woodmen’s Hall which stood to the east of the church, burned to the ground May 15, 1907.” Helen M. Wetterau
The present church building was dedicated on March 15, 1908.
Sunday at 10 AM